Anyone post baby, liposuction, weight loss, or simply from just aging has experienced the saggy skin blues at some point. It can be super discouraging especially after a body transformation to have to deal with the after math of loose skin. I personally tried the following non invasive methods and ranked them from most effective to least.
Apart from a well balanced diet, pilates and yoga, one of the most popular and effective ways of skin tightening is lasering the skin. This can be done on the face, neck or body, with the usages of heat therapy. The usage of heat helps to treat loose skin this can be done on the face also throughout the body. This costs thousands at salon and takes several to a possibly over 2 dozen treatments. This method is non-invasive and non-surgical as well, with lesser pain experience that is only caused slightly due to the heat produced. Laser treatment comes in a few methods which are ultrasounds, radio-frequency and radio-frequency micro-needling. We have teamed up with Healo Skin and linked below all these devices at affordible prices!
1. Ultrasound (EMS) - From the first thought of the treatment you must think of expecting mothers but ultrasounds aren't only for those mothers but are extremely effective for people seeking a heavy life of the skin. Using ultrasound energy to heat the skin at a deeper depth than any method. This provides tightening and lifting to the skin at a deeper level. A short but powerful treatment that only takes up to 45-90 minutes. Although this treatment is reaching a deeper level of the skin it takes time for the results to fully show about 3 mounts of time. The benefit of this though is no recovery time all you need is patience .
2. Radio-frequency (RF) - This treatment is a handheld device as well as using heat to provide the tightening effect on the skin. This method is to trigger the production of collagen. Different from the ultrasound method, this is a gradual impact on the skin that takes multiple sessions to see improvement. From two to six treatments depending on the skin and area size, this also provides no recovery time.
3. Radio-frequency Micro-Needling Combo - Different from actual microneedling this producer, is a tool used to break the epidermis of the skin further creating micro-tears. This is by using a method of stamping on the skin, once there are holes present in the skin the needles are placed into the skin to emit radio-frequency. When this is done, the process of tightening the layers of skin starts . With the use of multiple treatments will bring benefits and help the skin gently.
These examples of therapy are noninvasive, they promote little to no downtime, there might be minor issues (redness of the skin), most of these treatments may take time or be gradual. But patience is key to receiving the best results possible. Other methods not mentioned include surgical lifts and filler.
2. Rosemary oil
3. Almond oil
4. Avocado oil
5. Vitamin E oil
6. Hyaluronic acid
7. Olive oil
8. Primrose Oil
9. Argan oil
What Vitamins Are Good For Skin Tightening?
The skin is a complex organ, and it requires certain vitamins to maintain itself and perform all its functions properly. Strong and elastic skin requires the following vitamins:
- Vitamin C – When it comes to skin tightening, the two components collagen and elastin are essential to maintain the skin’s elasticity and tautness. The human body synthesizes collagen with help from dietary vitamin C as we lack the enzyme for in vivo synthesis of this vitamin. Vitamin C is directly involved in collagen synthesis, and optimum amounts of it need to be supplied to the skin through diet or topical application.
- Vitamin A – It maintains the morphology of the skin by helping the cells to divide and adhere to each other properly.
- Vitamin E – Even though the other vitamins mentioned also exert antioxidant effects on the body, vitamin E is definitely the king of antioxidants, especially when it comes to skin health. It protects the skin from free radical damage, thus preventing premature aging.
Vitamin D – This vitamin supports the entire skin structure. Vitamin D takes part in various growth and differentiation processes in skin cells.
Supplying the body with optimum levels of these vitamins is essential to keep your skin healthy, toned, firm, and also glowing.
Why you should practice skin tightening prior to aging or weight loss
There are many ways and producers out there to tighten the skin other than lasers and surgery, but you must be wondering what is skin tightening and why it is important. Well, when skin tightening is done in the form to stimulate collagen that results in the tightening of the skin. This also slows the process of ageing,overall and to usage of treatments will further improve the structure and definition of the skin to then even improve tone and texture of the appearance of the skin. Not only this but can affect fibrous tissue, helping to smooth areas of cellulite as well. After a certain age (ONLY 22) the body starts to slow down the production of collagen and elastin these two products of the skin are essential to help the skin stay firm, plump and toned.
All in all skin tightening as a preventive mesure and combative measure on a daily or weekly basis works to tighten, plump and bring back the collegen to our largest organ, our skin. As most of us do not want to go under the knife or have thousands to spend keeping up with all the new beauty fads we've linked our favourite at home solutions.