So is Ginger good for hair growth? Ginger is known as a superfood and has been a part of many eastern and western cultures for thousands of years. But recently more and more women are turning to ginger to grow their hair.
From using ginger juice for hair growth to ginger powder there are really no limits to what girls will do to their hair to make it better.
So in this short blog post we're going to cover why using ginger for hair growth can be good for some people, and bad for others.
First... let's talk GINGER.
Due to its rich nutrients and compounds, ginger has been used to cure different diseases such as cold, flu, muscle pain, and indigestion.
Ginger is anti-inflammatory in nature which makes it a perfect food to heal infections as well. It has numerous proven health benefits you can read about.
Now, ginger is hitting the cosmetics market as a key ingredient inside many hair growth products.
First off, let's say that ginger is not a "cure all" and cannot work for everyone.
However, it has many different uses and benefits for all kinds of hair conditions.
So what are the benefits and uses of ginger for your hair?
The Many Benefits Of Ginger for Hair Growth
- Increases Scalp Circulation
Nutrients which are considered good for promoting hair growth are delivered to hair follicles through blood vessels in the scalp which are tightly woven.
Improved circulation in the scalp ensures that hair follicles have a proper and sufficient supply of blood for hair growth.
Ginger is known for increasing circulation and it’s warming properties stimulate blood flow which results in improved hair follicle’s function and ultimately improved hair growth.
2. Helps Combat Free Radicals
As free radicals love to promote hair loss but ginger can be used to break this love bond.
Because ginger comes with a really powerful antioxidant known as gingerol. Gingerol actually neutralizes all these free radicals who are responsible for the hair follicles damage, slow hair growth and hair breakage.
3. Fights Dandruff
Ginger’s natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties help in soothing different scalp conditions such as dandruff and itchiness.
As dandruff also cause itchiness and scratching the scalp can lead damage to hair cuticles and result in hair breakage. For having ginger’s anti-dandruff benefits, add a few drops of ginger oil to your shampoo regularly.
4. Reduces Inflammation
You can use ginger root to treat different types of scalp inflammation that causes hair loss.
5. Nourishes Hair
Ginger is rich in nutrients and contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and phosphorous.
Ginger is loaded with fatty acids as well which can improve shine and texture of your hair. You can moisturize your hair with a ginger hair mask and your hair strands will absorb amazing benefits of ginger.
How to Use Ginger for Hair Growth
As a Scalp Massage
Take advantage of circulatory benefits of ginger through a scalp massage for better hair growth with the method stated below:
- Take a piece of fresh ginger of almost one-inch and peel it using a vegetable peeler.
- Grate ginger using a food processor or a fine grater.
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil and heat it up until it melts.
- Now mix grated ginger and coconut oil.
- Massage this mixture into your scalp. You will feel tingling in your scalp as circulation improves. Keep this mixture on your scalp for half an hour and then shampoo.
- You can use this scalp massage once a week for healthy and strong hair.
As a Hot Oil Treatment
You can combine ginger oil with coconut or olive oil for a soft, shiny and moisturized hair. To improve scalp circulation, you can follow these simple steps:
- Take a small bowl and make a mixture of two tablespoons of coconut oil (melted) and two drops of any ginger essential oil.
- Now Apply this mixture on your hair from root to tip and also massage your scalp with this oil.
- Cover your hair using a shower cap and then wrap your head in a hot towel,
- Allow this mixture to stay on your hair for 30 minutes, then shampoo your hair.
- You can apply this remedy every week to have a shiner and strong hair.
Some Other Ginger Hair Masks
We are sharing a few other ginger remedies and ginger hair masks for you so that you can benefit from ginger in multiple ways to have a beautiful and shining hair.
- Get fresh ginger and peel it using a vegetable peeler.
- Squeeze ginger to get a fresh juice from it.
- Now you can add this fresh juice to one tablespoon of coconut or olive oil.
- Massage this mixture into your scalp and leave it on your hair for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- You can use this ginger mask twice a week for better and quick results.
- Take a few pieces of ginger and then peel them.
- After peeling them, grate all the pieces of ginger.
- Add three drops of lemon juice and three tablespoons of sesame oil in grated ginger.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and massage your scalp for few minutes.
- Leave the mixture on your scalp for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
If you are taking ginger in tea or food, then you'll already be enjoying its many benefits.
Using it topically or with one of these recipes can take your results to the next level.
Avoid using ginger directly on your scalp if you have sensitive skin or skin related issues.
With all this said, if you'd like to opt for a much safer, softer and easier alternative we highly recommend you checkout out Hair Growth Oil.
Ginger For Hair Growth Before And After - The Results?
If you're wondering if there are any reviews or before/afters of using ginger for hair growth then there most certainly is.
Read any Youtube comments or browse online and you'll find many different before and after pictures along with recipes. Ginger works.
Have you ever tried ginger for fixing your hair related issues? Let us know about your experience in the comments.